Tier 1 Customer Support Advocate
At Spearhead Systems we believe in the delivery of professional IT services that help companies focus on their core business and not technology. We are excited to the bone about the delivery of IT services that help people and companies get things done.
Spearhead Systems is at the forefront of IT service delivery and digital transformation as a trusted technology partner in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. We are the engineers, developers and operators of spearhead.cloud, a specialised high performance cloud, and specialists in IT infrastructure & application monitoring and observability.
The Customer Support Advocate in Tier 1 provide general technical support across one or more customers, products, services or projects. This includes things like helping customer set up their accounts, resolve configuration issues, helping them understand how to use a product or service and any other help customers may need.
Tier 1 is also the first point of contact for incoming suport issues (calls, emails, tickets). This is where all incoming tickets are triaged and then routed to the appropriate team or tier.
- Monitor events/alerts and resolve or escalate to the appropriate team
- Gather/establish required information for handling customer issues
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Resolve issues via phone, email, chat
- Meet SLAs like response and resolution times by working other tiers
- Extensively research and document customer technical issues
- Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate
- Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status
- Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability
- Average / General experience in managing Linux systems (redhat, centos, debian/ubuntu (install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.))
- General experience in managing Windows systems (install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP
- Experience operating and troubleshooting email services and SMTP
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Advanced English skills (reading, writing and speaking)
Nice to have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Past experience (1-2) as a systems administrator, network engineer, or cloud engineer or similar technical position/role
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Monitoring experience for application performance, uptime and fault management (checkmk, nagios)
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment
Essential skills for Customer Support Advocates
People in this role should genuinely want to help other people. That desire begins with empathy: willingness to understand another persons’s experience and see it thorough their eyes.
This job is about communicating with other people. Advocates need to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Communication is about listening, then clearly articulating ideas and information in an authentic way.
The internet and mobile computing provide us with more ways than ever to communicate with each other. We refer to these as channels, and we often provide customer service simultaneously on many different channels.
Products, technology, and policies will change over time, and our Advocates will need to change with them. We look for people who have demonstrated a drive for learning and growing.
Master of Simplicity
When a customer makes the effort to reach out and ask for help, it’s the Advocate’s job to quickly assess the problem, sort it all out, and then present the customer with the simplest answer possible.
Our colleagues need to have the ability to resolve issues by challenging themselves, spending time researching a case or file, and being able to stay focused on long-term goals. People who persevere show steadfastness in doing something despite how hard it is or how long it takes to reach the goal.
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- We work as a start-up and encourage entrepreneurship: you've got an idea, let's work on it
- We use really cool tools from our custom ERP, to our monitoring systems and everything in-between
- Our services are unique and the market is noticing: we do not just follow the market, we try to create our own niches
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
What we offer
Our success depends on the effort of individual employees and at Spearhead you can see your impact immediately. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Attractive salary package.
Meal Tickets, Medical Insurance, Office Events.
Opportunities to grow and learn top technologies.
Quiet Office Space
Quiet location, easily accessible via public transport.
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee and snacks provided.
We have the world best coffee!