Technical Support Team Lead
At Spearhead Systems we believe in the delivery of professional IT services that help companies focus on their core business and not technology. We are excited to the bone about the delivery of IT services that help people and companies get things done.
Spearhead Systems is at the forefront of IT service delivery and digital transformation as a trusted technology partner in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. We are the engineers, developers and operators of spearhead.cloud, a specialised high performance cloud, and specialists in IT infrastructure & application monitoring and observability.
The Technical Support Team Lead provides guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to our technical support teams across one or more customers, products, services or projects. This includes organising stand-ups, projects and project planning, making sure things get done on time. Communication with other departments as well as our customers are important.
Generally a Technical Support Team Lead will spend 80% of their time on coordinating the team, inductions, trainings, etc. and 20% on technical things like helping customers or colleagues set up their accounts, resolve configuration issues, helping them understand how to use a product or service and any other help they may need.
Technical Support Team Lead provide reports and monitor KPIS, helping us to achieve desired and established performance goals. Team Leads are technical people and have a deep understanding of the technologies and services we deliver.
- Coordinating customer support requests for the team
- Creating and coordinating the creation and maintenance of induction and elearning (documentation) materials (scripts/plays/runbooks for automation purposes, migrations and repetitive tasks, incident response and more)
- Monitoring systems, applications and reacting to events
- Reading, interpreting documentation and operating manuals for complex IT systems (Joyent Triton, Kubernetes, Nomad/Consul, OpenShift) and helping the customer support team
- Creating projects/tasks and managing multiple tasks and projects in parallel
- Generating reports and monitoring for KPI's
- Proactive project management - ensure that all stakeholders are accountable and the project is completed
- Compliance with customer SLAs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Past experience (3-5 years) as a systems administrator, network engineer, cloud engineer or similar technical position/role
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus / team lead or management position
- Experience in administering Linux (Redhat, Centos, Debian/Ubuntu - install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.)
- General experience in managing Windows systems (install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.)
- Experience in scripting (Bash, Python) and being comfortable in reading scripts and understanding them
- Experience in web-based services and applications: Apache/Nginx, PHP/FPM
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP
- Monitoring experience for application performance, uptime and fault management (Checkmk, Nagios)
- Experience operating and troubleshooting email services and SMTP
- Experience working with ticketing systems: deals with escalated tickets and documents the resolution that successfully solved the customer issue
- Advanced English skills (reading, writing and speaking)
Nice to have
- Experience with analysis and troubleshooting (root cause, USE / RED methods and more)
- Experience with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering concepts and implementations
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Experience with UNIX systems (Solaris, Illumos) represents an interest
- Experience in automation and getting things done right the first time (we use Rundeck, Ansible, Checkmk, bash/python scripts, etc.)
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems (private/public cloud such as RedHat Virtualization, Triton, AWS, etc.)
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
Essential skills for Technical Support Team Lead
People in this role should genuinely want to help and mentor other people. That desire begins with empathy: willingness to understand another persons’s experience and see it thorough their eyes.
This job is about communicating with other people. The Team Lead need to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Communication is about listening, then clearly articulating ideas and information in an authentic way.
The internet and mobile computing provide us with more ways than ever to communicate with each other. We refer to these as channels, and we often provide customer service simultaneously on many different channels.
Products, technology, and policies will change over time, and our Customer Support Team Lead will need to change with them. We look for people who have demonstrated a drive for learning and growing.
Master of Simplicity
The Team Lead must be able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way that help others develop skills that will make them better professionals.
Our colleagues need to have the ability to resolve issues by challenging themselves, spending time researching a case or file, and being able to stay focused on long-term goals. People who persevere show steadfastness in doing something despite how hard it is or how long it takes to reach the goal.
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- We work as a start-up and encourage entrepreneurship: you've got an idea, let's work on it
- We use really cool tools from our custom ERP, to our monitoring systems and everything in-between
- Our services are unique and the market is noticing: we do not just follow the market, we try to create our own niches
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
What we offer
Our success depends on the effort of individual employees and at Spearhead you can see your impact immediately. You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
Attractive salary package.
Meal Tickets, Medical Insurance, Office Events.
Opportunities to grow and learn top technologies.
Opportunity to build a purposeful career in the delivery of essential IT services and products, to a global market.
Quiet Office Space
Quiet location surrounded by greenery and trees, easily accessible via public transport.
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee and snacks provided.
We have the world best coffee!